Friday, March 03, 2006

Schloss Johannisberg

I needed to get a wine present yesterday and since the weather was so beautiful and the sunset started, I decided to drive up to Schloss Johannisberg. It is located on a hill in the "middle" of the Rheingau, overseeing the Rhine River valley.

It also has the oldest winery of the Rheingau - founded 1100 by the Benedictine monks (the basilica of the monastery is still there - on the left of the castle from this viewpoint). And of course they have a nice "Vinothek" (wine shop) where I got my presents.

3 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Admin said...

we went there last time, didn't we? :-) It's a beautiful vineyard for sure...I remember I bought 3 bottles from the shop last time. They're good reisling...

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger midnitebara said...

Its a nice road for a walk or jogging but I bet thatit will look much better in spring or summer!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Cynthia Quiros said...

I´d really love to wake up in an dream and find myself there, it´s oh so beautiful!! And then i´d drink some wine, hahha, :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home