Siegfried's Mechanisches Musikkabinett
Today I take you inside the Museum for Mechanical Music Instruments. Since it would take too long to display one by one, I've combined some of the highlights in this collage.
Here's what you see (from top left to lower right)
1. Banjo Orchestra by D.C. Ramey Piano Co. in Chicago (here you see a similar "brain" used as in yesterdays photo quiz)
2. Organ for a funfair in Budapest made by the brothers Bruder from Waldkirch, Germany. Rare oriental style for an organ like this. From around 1900.
3. Oldest funfair organ the museum holds in its collection. Kids were treated with a free ride on the carousel for keeping it playing.
4. New music boxes crafted by one of the museum owner's sons. Can be purchased in the museum shop.
5. Probably the largest ever built automatic puppet orchestrion by Bernhard Dufner (Buffalo, USA) from around 1888/1895.
6. Fun for the museum's visitors - you can play a mechanical street organ.
http://www.siegfrieds-musikkabinett.de (in German only)