Sunday, May 14, 2006

Abstract Photo: Pollen

Today's photo is a bit abstract but I wanted to show you what's on the window - the stuff that looks like dust is actually pollen from blooming trees and flowers of the area. The air is really full with them at the moment so you see everything covered with it - windows, cars, outside tables and chairs, etc. I even noticed it on my camera when I sat outside for an hour - afterwards it had a thin layer of pollen on it. That's the reason why it was good that we had some rain in the afternoon yesterday to clear the air a bit again. I guess, everyone with allergies agrees with me on that :).

If you're interested in what kind of pollen we have in the air at the moment, check out this "Pollen Radar" (in German).

... almost forgot:
HAPPY MOTHER's DAY to all the moms visiting my blog today!!!

14 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool abstract. I love the creativity

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Kris said...

POllen radar?! wow, thats cool !
for us it comes in September. I knew it because my partner sneezes alot during that time:)

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

nice abstract

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Kala said...

This photo made me smile = it caught me offguard - I thought my eyes werent blurry with pollen on them :P

Very creative "abstract" piece - it could be an impressionist painting by Nicola Angelo!

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very nice picture, very painterly.

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Markus said...

Pollen....yuck. My eyes started watering and itching just looking at this picture.
nice pic!

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger micki said...

Oh, I know that look! We live in the woods, and the tree pollen just covers everything like that all summer, but the month of April is particularly horrible.

 
At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting. never experienced anything like it before.

 
At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting shot. Not really easy to comment on abstract shots :)
Suby

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said...

Good idea Nicola, I am feeling like sneezing though

 
At 3:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad i'm not there...my allergy still killing me:-P btw nice abstract shot:-)

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Jill said...

yes... we've got that stuff here, too. You've got it captured well.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger siege2050 said...

We have been having a really bad allergy season this year. I have been sneezing between camera shots all day.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Nicola said...

Thanks for your comments!! I have been lucky so far and not been "blessed" with allergies, but you never know... (knock on wood!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home